Image Alt

Visa & Passport

Visa & Passport

Obtaining Your Visa

How to Apply for ED Visa – Thai Educational Visa


Before coming to Thailand

For international students in Thailand, a non-immigrant education visa (section “ED”) is required to study and live in Thailand. All students must apply for this type of visa

from the Thai embassy or Thai consulate in your home country prior to their arrival in Thailand. You will be allowed to stay in the kingdom for 90 days.


  • The Required Documents for Applying Visa Extension
    1. A letter of acceptance from College of Innovation and Industrial Management
    2. A completed visa application form
    3. A passport or other travel document that is valid for at least 6 months
    4. A 4×6 cm photograph or a 2-inch size photograph which taken within 6 months
    5. Sufficient financial evidence (appropriate documents will be required by the Thai Embassy or Thai Consulate in your country.)
    6. Application fee for 2,000 Baht

When students arrive in Thailand, there are many things to do about visas. Our college has provided just the basics in the sections below. However, if you need more information, you can ask the college’s international relations officer.


  • Visa duration and visa extension

Visas issued by the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country are valid for 90 days. If you are studying at the College of Innovation and Industrial Management (King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang) for more than 90 days, the visa must be renewed to obtain a 1-year stay permit (from the date of admission). An application for extension must be submitted at least 15 days before the visa expires at the immigration office.

Certain required documents can be obtained from the college’s international affairs officer. Please contact the international affairs officer at least 15 working days before applying for a visa to ensure that you can prepare documents on time if they do not extend their visa application deadline. This will result in a fine of 500 baht ($17 USD) per day (up to a maximum of 20,000 baht ($ 667 USD) and you may have to leave the country to apply for a new visa. The serious violations may result in imprisonment or the denial of future visa applications.


  • Reporting Period of 90 Days
    1. International students are required to report to their local immigration office every 90 This can be done within 7 days before or after the exact 90-day period by proxy or registered mail.
    2. The 90-day period is from the date of your stay in Thailand or the date of the last 90 days of the report, whichever is the most recent. Therefore, if you travel abroad and return to Thailand, the 90-day period will begin again from the last 90 days that you arrived in Thailand.
    3. The relevant documents must be sent by registered mail at least 15 days prior to the 90-day period. Please note that the sender must keep the receipt at the post office.
    4. Failure to report within the time limit will result in a fine of 2,000 baht ($67) and the invalidation of a visa.


  • The Required Documents for Applying Visa Extension
    1. The TM.7 application form with a 4×6 cm photograph which taken within 6 months
    2. A letter of confirmation and request for a temporary stay, issued by the educational institution
    3. A copy of passport of all pages which are relate to Thailand Note: Certified true copy by the foreign
    4. A copy of Departure card T.M.6
    5. A copy of student card
    6. A copy of registration (Current semester)
    7. The receipt of registration fee
    8. A letter of acceptance from the educational institution
    9. The fee of the application for Visa Extension 


  • The Application for Re-Entry Permit into the Kingdom

Students who need to leave the country for a time while you have already been permitted to stay in the kingdom. For maintenance the original permission (current visa) to come back into the kingdom again, you must obtain a re-entry permit, which can be done at the Immigration Department, before leaving.

A re-entry permit is divided into 2 types:

    1. Single Re-Entry Permit, which is valid for a one-time use. You can leave and re-enter only once.
    2. Multiple Re-Entry Permit, which allows you to leave and re-enter the country multiple times for the duration that the visa is valid.

*** Students and researchers with multiple non-immigrant visas do not need a re-entry permit because you will receive a new visa for 90 days after you leave the country until the end of the 12 months. Students and researchers must apply for extension of temporary stay in the kingdom at the Immigration Bureau.


  • The Required Documents for Applying Re-Entry Permit into the Kingdom
    1. The TM.8 application form
    2. The passport and a copy Note: (For the copy, certify true copy the following pages
      • Biodata page
      • Expiry page
      • Personal information amended page (if any)
      • Latest arrival stamped page
      • Extension stamped page (if any)
    1. The Departure Card (TM.6) and a copy Note: Certified true copy by the foreign
    2. The other related documents and a copy (in case the foreign is not allowed to exit the Kingdom) Note: Certified true copy by the foreign

*** Fee of The Application for Re-Entry Permit into the Kingdom

      1. 1,000 baht for the Single Re-Entry Permit
      2. 3,800 baht for the Multiple Re-Entry Permit
Getting a Passport

Required Documents

  • The old passport
  • The new passport
  • The departure card (TM.6)
  • The residence notification (TM.30)
  • The certificate from the Consulate Thai visa service form